Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

3rd February

Thanks to Valerie for writing the blog this week and telling the stories of some of our dogs, I hope you have enjoyed hearing about the happy endings and sharing with us the satisfaction of seeing a dog taken from kennels or an unsuitable situation into a loving home.

I rarely get ill and maybe I am not very good at it, but whatever I had this week certainly laid me low. After such a busy week the week before I was looking forward to catching up with things, but ended up doing only the essentials each day before crawling back into bed. I also lost all inspiration for writing the blog too.
 It's good to be feeling well again.

Yesterday I bumped into Jim who adopted  Buster. Buster was the first dog I took in when starting the rescue and the first dog I homed. He was ten when he came in, from a chap whose marriage had ended and  he had then lost his home.
I had been wondering just the day before whether he was still with us, as he must be pretty old by now and I knew he had health issues. Jim positively glowed as he told me that despite an enlarged heart diagnosed over a year ago, and back legs giving way plus sight and hearing fading Buster was definitely still with us! He told me what a joy he was and how happy he was, still greeting his master in the morning and that as long as he still enjoyed life they would keep him going. His love for his dog was apparent. But, Jim and his family were not the most conventional home when I checked them which reminded me of Lucy who went to Gareth a local Farrier. A friend in church told me recently that Gareth shoes a horse at her yard and Lucy plays with the Spaniel puppy.
It is great to hear of these dogs still doing well as they were very early days for the rescue and neither home quite complied with the rules but they were obviously the right homes for these dogs and then there is never the "perfect" home......a theme I will pick up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better Alison!
    Best wishes from Sally, Simon
    Saffy & Bullseye

    ReplyDelete