Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

11th February

Apologies if on reading todays blog you feel as if you have fallen into a parallel universe! Life is often stranger than fiction!
After my rant the other day about how you cannot win in rescue I would like to share another strange phenomenon which occurs and that is some days the phone is red hot, call after call, the same with emails and other days, nothing! It is so quiet I think there is a fault on the phone. Today has been one of those days. Hardly any calls and no emails, whereas last Friday was mad and I spent all evening returning calls. I have no idea why this happens, if anyone can explain it let me know.

Today I walked the dogs with my friend Steven. This used to be a once weekly occurence but due to one thing and another we have not met up for months.
The first thing you need to know about Sreven is that he originates from Liverpool and that he lives in a world war two bunker on the edge of a wood!
He also hates litter and picks up plastic bottles and other rubbish from hedgerows and verges.
He told me today that some of the signs say,"There is not a dog poo fairy, pick it up!" or something similiar.
He came across a whole pile of poo bags just dumped, so he picked them up and headed for the nearest bin.
He passed a gentleman walking in the other direction who on seeing him remarked,"So, Your the dog poo fairy!"
He also writes poetry, here is one he wrote to cheer me up though not one of his best.......

Staffie dog rescue.

A Chav must have, of a noble breed, bred to fight, that's their plight, in a gentler age.
I have watched them come and go, and remember ones like puppy Peter, and Hippo.
And many more, come through the door, to find good homes,
Not too many like Nettie, put down.
We just wish there weren't so many around, and Ali and her friends, need many more pounds.
So please donate or rescue a Stafford terrier,
They may make your life merrier!

1 comment:

  1. Well, where did you get the sun from? I got drenched. It's all probably down to Steven and his great poem!

    ReplyDelete