Pages

Tuesday 25 January 2011

25th January

A brief blog tonight as we are gearing up for our meeting at Battersea tomorrow and I have still not done my facts and figures which I promised to share with you and I will but it will be after the meeting now.
I am facing my own fears as I am "London phobic" and travelling alone (without even a dog) is quite terrifying whether I drive or go by train! I have opted to drive and have just found out I can use their parking, thanks Battersea, but this lady is going to be well out of her comfort zones tomorrow morning!

Sandy has improved tremendously on walks. Despite running really fast she now turns and comes back to me for a pat before she is off again. I am sure this is due to the agility
.Not that she is completely perfect as she proved yesterday. I let her run round a huge field of Kale, we were near the end of the walk heading up the field towards the bridleway, I saw a group of people walking on the bridleway, but hoped she had not spotted them. I called her back but instead of responding she took this moment to scan the horizon and spotting them, was off. My heart sank, not everyone was going to appreciate 20kg of Stafford appearing from nowhere and leaping around their feet! They may not appreciate my "Sorry she's a recue dog and has spent all her life in a flat......." explanation either! However, in no time at all she was tearing back across the field to the point where she had left me, although I had panicked and moved. Soon she was back by my side safely clipped on her lead and we were heading home.......for now at least all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment