Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

17th January

Any self respecting blogger in the South today would have to mention the weather! This morning was dreadful! Heavy pouring rain, garden under water. We had to drag the dogs out, then they couldn't wait to get back whether they had done their "business" or not, so we were in danger of having accidents in the house.
I love talking about the weather, after all it affects everthing in my life. My father worked on the land so I grew up with an obsession with the weather and watching the forecast.
Last night I found myself, unusually alone, sitting in front of the television watching Countryfile and awaiting the weekly farming forecast, no other distractions,nothing else I needed to do, no teenagers wanting to watch an obscure channel I didn't know we could get! I had even found my glasses!
I watched Puffins diving, a Spaniard in the channel Islands prising some kind of mollusc off the bottom of a rock. A strange gentleman who never went in a supermarket and had a herd of Japanese cattle who produced delicious,expensive meat and who was, despite his lofty ambitions, very strange, and it was obvious, although the presenter covered up well, that he was not the kind of chap you would choose to spend an evening with down the pub!
Then at last the moment I had waited for, the weather...........then "Next on Countryfile...." "What?!"
Yes, I had managed to fall asleep and miss the whole thing! I may have heard something about temperatures lower than average, then again I may have dreamed it, I was asleep after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment