Pages

Thursday 6 January 2011

6th January

What a horrible day! Cold, wet, dark! Not a good day for Staffies a "Oops no thank you," when you opened the door, sort of day, and it just kept on so no real exercise for anyone here.

I do hope you have enjoyed our twelve dogs of Christmas. It has been great to tell their stories.
I especially enjoyed sharing about the Staffies that have inspired me as it helped me remember why I love the breed so much, my view had become a little jaded of late. You may have noticed a recurring theme in these dogs, I do love a character.
Thank you too for all your comments, which are such an encouragement.
Thanks to "anonymous" for their comment today, you don't know how encouraging and pertinent that was for the day I have had. Maybe I should write it all down and send it to the Times after all........

Tuesday we had three phone calls from people desperate to re-home their dogs. I did pick up the phone to one but two left a message despite my message saying we were full.....and so it goes on.
Tara the Croydon Dog Warden said they had six unclaimed Staffies in and a friend told me of a newspaper article saying a rescue had received a call every eight minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment