Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

27th September

The only thing that kept me going today was the promise from the weather people that tomorrow is going to be better.
 My sympathies to those who are effected by floods, I heard one man speaking on the radio say it was worse than being burgled because you lost your home.


I am grateful for a dry home, though at the moment not always warm or with hot water as the problems with the boiler continue. However, I found myself by 8pm having not only fed everyone including Dave before he went out, but also, taking advantage of a moment with hot water, done the washing up (this is unheard of in our house as Dave usually does it before he comes to bed at some unearthly hour.)
I came upstairs to the 'office,'  really just our bedroom, but where computer and phones and the 'rescue' is run from, and felt momentary at a loose end, no calls to return, emails to reply to.  Chloe was lying quietly on Sara's lap in the lounge all other dogs quiet and settled, I had forgotten I had seen Lexus making his way into the kitchen with that 'intent on evil' stance, dismissing it from my mind, and sitting down at last after a long day decided to ring Val, who has something very interesting (it could only happen to Val ish ) going on in her home, which we cannot tell you about!!  During the conversation I heard Jessie go downstairs and start shrieking, I thought it was at the site of the puppy looking cute cuddled up but 'no,'  LEXUS!  Yes, 'That Dog' at it again, he had opened the sliding cupboard, taken out a bag of flour and eaten it, creating mess all over the kitchen floor!
He is still searching out windfalls on his morning foray down the garden, having been unsuccessful the other morning I caught him helping himself to one of the unripe apples off the miniature tree, he held it between his teeth and reversed before devouring it with relish!
 What with flour and apples perhaps I should bake him an apple pie!


Chloe in her jumper!



I visited Jesse pup at Kate's yesterday evening. He is doing very well, hardly looked up from playing with Lara and Moose but he is beginning to calm down and settle more quickly with them. We walked them and he is fine on a walk
. They are happy to keep him for the moment as he fits in with their dogs and it is obviously doing him lots of good and was a timely move for him.
 Moose was very affectionate towards me, all 55kilos of him! He is gorgeous!



I spoke with the dog warden about the 7/10 year old stray female and they had managed to find her a rescue space.

Little Lola has settled in to her foster home with SOS dog rescue, she has seen a vet and her skin treated.

Well lets hope the forecasters were right and the weather is picking up for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment