Pages

Thursday 13 September 2012

13th September

Thanks to Val for doing the blog on Monday and letting us know how Tara is getting on with the 'gang,' I think they may become quite famous, also filling us in on Battersea Reunion.

I am sorry you have not heard from me, the reason for this is I had taken the difficult decision to have my old pony put down as he had become very thin and I did not want him going through another winter.
 It was not a decision I made lightly or easily and I went to great lengths to make sure it was done as humanely as possible. This was arranged for Monday morning.

 At 5 O'clock on Monday morning Dave received a call from Torbay Hospital to go immediately along with his three brothers, as his mother was very poorly.

 After the phone call I found it impossible to go back to sleep.

Dave was arriving in Devon about the same time as I was dealing with the pony.
 I think it was one of the strangest days of my life, with so many texts and calls flying around my phone was flat by lunchtime!

I am very pleased to tell you that Mum in law made a remarkable recovery (she is 83 ) and is now out of critical care and eating porridge for breakfast!




'Go Rhea!'


However, due to this I did not remember to watch Paul O'Grady at Battersea Programme on Monday night ITV 1 8pm or remind you to watch it. This episode showed the Stafford Agility Display at Crufts particularly featuring Kerry with Rhea who is a Guildford Stafford (one of our pups from 2009)
There were only a few of the Staffords doing the display who were rescues and all the others rescues were from Battersea.

 So we are VERY, VERY PROUD!

Do watch it on i player if you can or look out for repeats.

Well done Kerry and Rhea!

No comments:

Post a Comment