Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

8th july

And still they come.....call after call, email after email different stories and circumstances but the same result.....a Stafford needing a new home and we cannot help.
I saw a lovely 8 month old white male today, his owner is going to try and keep him she was just feeling overwhelmed with a boisterous pup and four children after her partner left. We are paying for him to be neutered.

On a brighter note an example of how much dogs bring into our lives.
I was walking Angel along the bridleway at the ponies this evening when I saw her sense something. Looking up across the field standing on the edge of the wood was a deer and her fawn. They saw us but didn't run. We stood quietly and watched. I have never seen deer with young in the eleven years I have been at there.
We watched for several minutes, the mother was standing still whilst the youngster nibbled at grass, then suddenly a movement in the long grass and another fawn skipped from the cover of the wood into the meadow. Twins! The mother then relaxed and all three settled to graze. How precious was that?
I would have missed it if not for walking a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment