Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

11th July

HELP NEEDED

We still need TOMBOLA PRIZES     anything even something you could send by email!

A GAZEBO

HELP ON THE DAY  at EPSOM CANINE RESCUE SHOW SUNDAY 17th JULY

Angel..."Butter wouldn't melt..."

Rule one :- Don't let your dog off the lead when you need to be somewhere important in less than an hour!

There was a morning course at Guildford Cathedral that I really wanted to attend. I left it too late to book but found I could still go. I double booked to take Sandy into kennels, then managed to re-arrange. My friend said she would come then found she couldn't. I was determined to go!
After a big day yesterday, this morning I had to keep reminding myself, I needed to drop my daughter at college, bring the ponies in, time was tight.
 I told my friend how excited I was as we did the ponies, I checked the time, five minutes to give Angel a quick run, should I let her off? After all she didn't have a long run yesterday.
Off she ran!
Back she came!
 Off she went again into the woods......"Angel! Come! Angel!"

She didn't come back.....I couldn't hear her.....panic began to rise....I texted Dave......5 mins.....I was going to be late.....15 mins.....was she ok?.......25 mins.......what if? ..what if?

Dave set off to help, my course, now a distant memory would have started, it no longer mattered we just wanted her back!

There are acres and acres of woods so the threat of roads is minimal, but as anyone knows who has been in this situation when you cannot see your dog you don't know what it is doing and that is scary.

Dave arrived as a couple came along the bridleway, I posted him in the field whilst I went up the bridleway, it turned out the couple had a nervous Labradoodle, and the lady a friend of a friend is even more nervous, I bet she was thrilled to hear there was a white, not great with other dogs, Staffordshire Bull Terrier on the loose, just what I needed!
Then Dave's calls changed, "Cmon, Good girl!" She was back! but,as the Labradoodle owner remarked she was not white.... but black!

Oh the relief! She was fine and it looked like she had just been running round the woods.

I even made most of the course.......

No comments:

Post a Comment