Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

30th March

A brief blog tonight as I am suffering from "man-flu", given me by the men in my family, namely my husband and son. I am sure you are aware of the implications of me, a mere woman, having "man-flu".


Sandy

Well,it's all gone a bit quiet now Monty and Dave have been homed.

Feeling lousy as I do it was a struggle today to walk the dogs when all I wanted to do was  lie down.
We are always getting calls and emails from people wanting to re home their Stafford and they say, "We just can't give him what he needs, anymore." If I had a pound for every time I have heard that we would have covered the cost of Cleo's operation several times over!

The reality is the rescue dogs in our care are exactly that, rescues.
We try to give them as comfortable a time as possible and it is ten times better than kennels, but we are not their home and we have to live with that tension all the time, we cannot give them all that they need.

Spare a thought for those rescues in our care. Sapphire who will have been with us for a year next month.

Sapphire still waiting

Sandy who has now been here since October last year, still waiting for a home of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment