Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

1st March

Gosh it's cold! The first of March and signs of spring and it's so cold you can't enjoy it, but at least spring is on it's way.
Thank you Gareth for your comment, I appreciate yesterdays blog was rather controversial and may spark less favourable comments than we have been used to thus far.

Dolly went in for her spay today, I understand all went well and she is now tucked up in bed under a blanket.

I was answering emails at lunchtime today when the phone rang. A girl's voice at the other end asked if we had any spaces for a 4 month old puppy. I asked what the story was only to be told she was ringing for her friend, who I was then passed to. She said she was in a second floor flat and had a baby and could not look after the pup. She had only had him a week and before that he was with a man who also lived in a second floor flat and that was why he couldn't keep him! I asked how big he was, this seemed to cause some problems as she just repeated the question back to me, so then I asked if he was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, this caused even more problems and she had to confer with her friend, who reassured her he was! She then said he wasn't very big and was very good with kids. I then realised she couldn't confirm he was a SBT because she was not familiar with the name, to her he was a Staff or a Staffie, it has reached the stage when some young people do not realise what a Staffie is short for.
She then told me they had driven to the local RSPCA centre that morning expecting to be able to just drop him off! She was adamant she could not keep him.
Can you imagine how I felt telling her that we were not able to help either.............that poor little dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment