Pages

Friday 11 March 2011

10th March

Late writing this tonight so I will be quick.
Cleo is much improved, far less post op and eating well no more vomiting. I have to ring A.A. Referrals tomorrow to give a progress report.
I attended the funeral of a friend's husband this afternoon which turned out to be a very emotional time.
My younger daughter bought me a book entitled Oogy, the dog only a family could love, for my birthday. It is American and Oogy is a white dog who was used as bait by a dog fighting gang, I have yet to find out what breed he is and it is very "American" and intense so far but it says he shows how both animals and people can overcome the greatest of odds, which sounds like my sort of book. I will let you know.

The story of the soldier shot in Afganistan and his dog dying later, possibly from a broken heart, can't fail to touch you as a dog lover. I include the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365000/Final-journey-soldier-loyal-dog-died-hours-apart-Afghanistan-bodies-flown-home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment