Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

18th January

Well the snow certainly came!

Dave managed to get to work long before it started.
 I did the school bus run at 8am and it had just started with a light covering.
 I then went straight to the ponies with Rosie and Angel on board.
I had been there half an hour when my son's friends Mum said she was on her way to the school to pick them up! Most of the schools closed by lunchtime.
I sorted the ponies out.
 Rosie loved the snow charging around.
Once I had finished, and become rather cold, I needed to call at the vets as Lexus was out of his anti-inflammatory  tablets. First I had to uncover my car! I used a broom to brush the snow off but as fast as I brushed more snow covered it!
My car at 11am

I thought I would be the only client calling in at the vets, but James the nurse told me they had done ten consults, including boosters, and all the operations had gone ahead too. They were incredulous that people had carried on. We decided it was because the snow started after people were up, had they woken up to it things would have been different.
Angel enjoying the snow

As I was there I asked them to look at Angel. They drained some of the fluid from the wound. Apparently I have been doing the wrong thing and she needs to be kept as quiet as possible with just short lead walks.

By the time I went back to the ponies in the afternoon the roads were clear.
Rosie had a lovely snowy walk, she was so good, interested in everything and charging around but never going too far away, so different to the anxious dog we took in a few weeks ago..

Rosie loved it!

It was still snowing though when I took the dogs out for their night visit to the garden, and my car door was frozen when I retrieved my hat from inside.

All lessons cancelled and more snow forecast for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment