Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

4th November Day 4:

Bullseye is recovering well from his op and seems to have coped with the anaesthetic and change of diet on his tum. He also had a bath in epi-soothe shampoo. He is still thin but James from the vets said to keep his food the same as his metabolism would slow now he was castrated so he would be fine in a month! I don't feel quite as calm about it, but vets are always more worried by overweight dogs than thin ones. James rang to say the veterinary surgery had been broken into last night and our collection box stolen, so they would need another.

I had a lovely time with Jade, Sapphire (pictured) and Riley at the farm today, they were each able to have a lovely run while I got on with jobs. Riley did find a football which he played with and would not come back I had to fetch him, I didn't realise he liked footballs!

My family and I watched the 2005 film of Oliver Twist the other night and it struck me that dogs as weapons are nothing new. When they put up the notice for Bill Sykes it said he was "accompanied by a fierce dog" yet Bullseye was docile with Nancy and Fagin's boys and loyal to his master to the end. Must read the book again.

I didn't manage to speak to Tara the Dog Warden today hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment