Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

3rd November Day 5:

Have just read through blog entries of last two days and I do apologise! I was rather thrown by my pony being ill, now thankfully recovered. Have included some photos to cheer things up a bit. We are on day 5 so not much time left but I am encouraged with our progress, we have Bullseye neutered and recovering, Piglet in a foster home and an offer of another foster place. I can see a plan emerging, but more of that tomorrow... Don't forget we do need donations too as this is costing us money and if the funds dry up we will not be able to do anything! I don't know about you but I can't wait to see what Sandy looks like!

Bullseye is recovering well from his op and settling into our routine, we are getting a good idea of his temperament and he is a lovely boy, good with all dogs, lovely with people, quiet in the house. He is slightly stressy and likes to be with you, has a tendency towards separation anxiety but not severe. He is however, very thin and his coat is awful and thin too. I spoke to the kennels today and they said he was always on the move up and down in his run so that is probably what has happened he has run off his weight, he has always had a tendency to leanness, he used to be a frequent visitor to the kennels when his owner let him stray. We need to ascertain the reason why he is so thin and see him gaining weight before he moves on. He had a 20 minute lead walk today and is obviously rather sore from his op still.

Riley is doing really well and I now walk him off the lead, although still do not trust him completely with horses and cattle, both of whom we encounter. I enclose a photo of him after his Autumn walk today. Also one of Bullseye where you can see his lovely face and unusual markings on his ears!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment