Pages

Monday 29 November 2010

29th November

Hi there! Apologies for missing a few days. Cold weather, new technology and a family birthday are my excuses! I hope you have enjoyed our guest bloggers my thanks to them for stepping in.
It certainly is cold but, for the moment at least, it is dry, making dog walking much easier than in the rain. The dogs seem to like it too dashing round with lots of energy after all the scents, they do not seem bothered by it when they are out but I am pleased we do not have any dogs in kennels at the moment.
Sandy has recovered remarkably well from her operation. On Friday I walked her with my dogs Khan and Sprite assisted by a friend. She had to stay on the extending lead because of her spay but the walk was an hour long (the longest she has ever walked?) maybe. She certainly didn't have any problems with it, however she really does not know how to behave in most situations and did not really relate to the other dogs and sometimes got far too close my friend and myself treading on our heels.
We have been giving her time out in the kitchen and only fussing her when she is quiet but she still becomes very excited when someone new walks into the room. She is though eating and drinking well and yesterday I played ball with her in the garden. She really enjoyed it batting at the ball with her front paws and showing a degree of staffie obsessiveness. It was the first time I have seen her behave like a true dog and really look as if she was enjoying herself. When I took her down the garden last night before bed she did a wee which was a first........it will take a while but we are getting there!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Alison , so pleased Sandy is getting on so well , its lovely to read that she is starting to do Staffy like behaviour ... lots of love to you all , Sam & JIm , Harry & Trixie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful to hear of your day-by-day work for SBTs. Both interesting and informative to pick up little hints of how youd look after the dogs. It would be so nice if some people reading these blogs would take a moment to comment on them.

    ReplyDelete