Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

5th June

How is your Jubilee weekend going?

Ours is of course dominated by the little pup.

He continues to thrive and grow and now sleeps downstairs in his own bed after Saturday night where he disturbed me through the night scrabbling around in his box without really waking for a feed. He has also outgrown the box which didn't help. So we have now completed two nights with him downstairs and last night he went through the night from 1am to 6am. He was four weeks old yesterday so now I think we can move off the milk onto the weaner food. I have sought advice from someone experienced in hand rearing puppies for the behaviour side of things and apparently he needs as many experiences as possible over the next two weeks.

Another name suggested itself during the sermon at our Diamond Jubilee Service on Sunday. Apparently the Hebrew word for Jubilee, although it does not fully translate, is Yodh, so I thought we could call him Yodi, but no-one else is convinced so we are sticking with Jesse for the moment.

I missed a photo opportunity the other day when Lexus was in his crate making goat noises and Jesse sat in front of him just looking. I thought Jesse might be asking, 'Why are you making that funny noise uncle Lexus?' 'Cos if I keep it up long enough, son, they will let me out of this darn thing. But don't let them know we know that!'
 I don't know if its a good idea letting Lexus influence him, there is already a strong likeness and pup was sleeping with his tongue sticking out Lexus fashion the other day!

Sunday was our only day of officially attending something for the Jubilee celebrations with the church service which I enjoyed, followed by a BBQ which I had been really looking forward to but in fact I found a little disappointing. It was not helped by the weather and not very well attended, by the time I had eaten a hot dog and had a glass of Pimms the lack of sleep caught up with me I could hardly keep my eyes open so went home to bed and slept through the whole of the river pageant which I had wanted to see!

My eldest daughter has been working all weekend at M&S where it was surprisingly busy, I found the same in Sainsburys yesterday, I was also struck by how miserable everyone looked compared to the people at the street parties. I can understand if you want to just be quiet and do your own thing but not just carry on as normal and be miserable with it! I think it is great to have some special days, I still have to do all the dogs in my care and my ponies but I am making the most of these few days of celebration.

I did manage to see the concert last night and hear Prince Charles announce that his father was in hospital, then watch it twice a few minutes later on the news and I have now heard it repeated about six times!

Thoroughly enjoyed today, I met up with Sam Keen and Jon Ayres at the pub to say 'Thank you,' for their help with fundraising they also had a cuddle with Jesse. Sam had Kodi in tow a Great Dane x Mastiff the size of a small horse and a real crowd stopper.


Congratulations too to Roxy Sam's Staffie for winning best rescue at the Surrey County show.

It has been a wonderful few days and I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. Jesse looks a cutie with his bottle. I am sure many hearts will go out to him and he will get a home very quickly.
    However my heart goes out to those who have passed their puppy stage and have been discarded and wait silently (or not so silently in some cases) for a home and family of their own, like Saffy, Angel, Tara Boycie, Chance and all those waiting in other rescues.

    ReplyDelete