Pages

Thursday 14 June 2012

13th June

I apologise once again for lack of blogs. A certain little pup is thriving but it does take its toll!
Dave and I pass each other at strange hours, one going to bed the other getting up!
It is hard doing puppy care and keeping everyone else happy, it reminds me of something written by Michael Rosen in a book on early parenting. He talks of how it is almost impossible to achieve one small job when you have a young baby, like buying a tin of peaches, some days you manage to buy the peaches, some days you don't!
Jesse pup is now five weeks old, six on Monday and booked in for his first vaccination. He now wakes four times in 24 hours for a feed of weaner food, toileting and a play followed by milk before he goes back to bed.
 One of his favourite games is running up and down the hall way and swinging off the loose thread of an old material bag that is hung on the door. The clean dog blankets sit in the corner and he drags them out and when he has had enough curls up on them and falls asleep.
He has to come with me if he wakes when I  am taking someone to work or college and today he ran around at the ponies and met Basil and Chelsea, sniffing their noses. He has also met my friends Spaniel and a dog called Obi, neither were very impressed.
What Me?

The last two days I have taken Tara and Lexus to the football field, avoiding the mud. They love it and charge around, especially Tara who shoulder barges poor old Lex.
 However today we were later, Sam came with me, when we got there there were some big lads sitting by one of the goal posts in the middle of the pitch, one was kicking a ball around. I thought they were too far away for the dogs to take any notice, but I was wrong! Lexus spotted the ball and he was off like a shot, straight as an arrow, we barely had time to take a breath let alone shout 'Grab the ball, he is after the ball.'  Instead the lad with the ball saw him hurtling towards him and thought he was going to bite him so dropped the ball and fled. Lexus grabbed the ball, sliding sideways to a  halt.
 I was yelling it was the ball he wanted and he wouldn't hurt them but he would destroy the ball at which the lads mates urged him to save the ball but it took me to get there and remove that rogue.
I told them he was really very old and I was surprised he could see that far! They murmured sympathetically But I doubt they were convinced..
Thankfully the ball survived and Lexus stayed on the lead for the remainder of the walk.
My son looked at me questioningly  and said, 'Responsible ownership mum?'










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment