Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

19th May

Some recent cutesy pictures of Dolly playing frisbee.

My daughter, Jessie, has been doing her AS exams this week which involves ensuring she and some days her freind too, arrive no later than 8.45am at Godalming College. It is an horrendous journey at that time in the morning and I can't believe her friend has trusted me (twice this week) to get her there on time (with my time keeping) it has proved a huge strain, but now,thankfully, we have a break for a few days and only one more early exam.

On top of this I have been assessing Angel.
 She reacts with aggression when passing strange dogs on walks yet has been fine in the house, ignoring the other dogs, albeit crated, even eating close to them with no reaction. She is also fine sleeping next to Jade and travelling in the car next to Sapphire.
I bumped into my friend walking her young Spaniel, Lexi, today and we walked them side by side for a bit and Angel settled and was fine so I could let her have the length of the extension lead and Lexi could run off lead some of the time.
We walked to the top of St Martha's hill, enjoying the stunning views.
On the descent we saw a couple approaching with two dogs and the man put his on a lead. As we passed Angel reacted badly and they asked how old she was. I explained her story and the man said his little dog had just walked into their home in Poland one day, but he too was bad with other dogs.
During the course of conversation their elderly Cocker Spaniel had wandered over to say hello to Lexi. Worried he might  approach Angel the lady put him on the lead, but he continued to strain towards Lexi who was also on her lead. "Is Your dog on "heat?""The lady asked my friend,"O, goodness!Yes!" My friend answered. In concentrating on Angel's reaction we had both forgotten about Lexi's state. Apparently the elderly Spaniel,"Still had it in him!" We apologised and continued on our way, remarking to each other what a liability we were. My friend has heard my complaints about the "accidental" matings between two Staffords, yet we had nearly had our own Cocker Spaniel liason!

We noted we had both a "lover" and a "fighter"!
A liability indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment