Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

21st June

URGENT APPEAL FOR MACE

Stop press

I have heard this evening that Mace's owner has found him a new home.
It is a lovely home and Mace's owner is very happy with it and the people are very keen on Mace.
He thanked us for all our help and a lot has happened since I last wrote the blog.
Gareth and Brenda Parry had offered to take Mace, despite the fact it was terrible timing for them as their daughter had just gone into labour, we are very grateful to them.

Thank you for all your support.
We are so pleased Mace's story has had a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. I've just had a taste of what it's like to be a STB rescuer Ior any other rescue organisation for that matters: and it doesn't make easy reading for people who like me read Alison's blog and think "Oh - what a shame - and then go back to watching Eastenders or whatever.
    I was praying for a REPRIEVE for Macy, whose days were being counted down in a dreadful way. Meantime I met with many genuine dog-lovers who actually get out of bed in the morning and enjoy the start of the day with a long walk They put me in touch with others ( I called each and everyone about Mace and NOT ONE bothered to answer or return my calls . I made over 12 calls... NOTHING. All this and at the same time contacting Alison who was, as ever out walking her charges, and solving newer problems. So next time, consider how lucky you are to be able to turn over in bed and love your little dog. And support Guildford Staffy rescue. Go one , its at least a fiver - its a Jumbo Box of Chocs to be able to go back to sleep with a sound conscience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of support, I wonder if Mace's current owner...with no doubt a panged conscience for not only abandoning him but also for the work that numerous people had done behind the scenes to try to save him from a vets table...provided a small gesture of thanks by contribing to Guildford Staffs? One does hope so...

    ReplyDelete